Tab no longer creates new fields when current field is empty

ravron
ravron
Community Member

I keep security questions for accounts in a custom section on the relevant login item called "Security Questions." I try to use a consistent format:

security questions format

To set this up, I typically operate in two stages: first, set up the pairs of "question N" and "answer N" fields, set the answer fields to password, and generate passwords. Second, choose security questions from the website and copy them into the question fields.

When setting up the pairs of fields, I used to type something like the following:

question 1<tab><tab>answer 1<tab><tab>question 2<tab><tab>answer 2…

However, in a recent version of 1Password, the behavior was modified so that pressing the tab key while the cursor is in an empty field doesn't create a new field, but instead moves the cursor to the next section header. This ultimately is just a minor inconvenience — my strategy now is to type a single character into each field so that the following tab creates a new field instead of jumping to the next section. Nonetheless, it's a bit unfortunate. All of this would be irrelevant, though, with a first-class solution for the hated security questions. I look forward to your thoughts and suggestions!

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: macOS 10.14.1
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. It's tough because other people ask us for the opposite. I'm not really sure what the "right" answer is, but it's something we'll consider. I'm not sure what a "first-class solution" for security questions would look like since 1Password can't feasibly interact with those; they vary too widely. But perhaps we'll be able to come up with something in the future. Thank you for your feedback on this!

This discussion has been closed.