Master Password Preference Setting Issue

Asyd Rayn
Asyd Rayn
Community Member
edited December 2018 in Mac

@Lars you ask me to communicate in a thread and then you lock it. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/477934#Comment_477934

I communicate with people from 1Password on a lot of different issues and support tickets. And I sent an email in that regard and the email I received from Andrew on September 10 in response to my communications simply had two words "the former." See my email attached for context where I clearly indicate "the former" (ticket number [#KXU-41776-265]) was still not fixed. I don't think I've dropped the ball here; and to be CLEAR, it's still not FIXED.

And this was the LAST email I received from support on this ticket:

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Asyd Rayn
    Asyd Rayn
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

I have the desktop app set to require master password set for every "1 day." For some reason, I'm getting a pop-up to use my fingerprint and then other times during the day I get a pop-up to enter the master password. In short, during a 24-hour day, I may get the pop-up for entering the password 3 or 4 times a day. Is this happening to anyone else? Is this a known issue?

Also, is it possible to add the ability to have access to preferences from the extensions instead of having to open the full application on the desktop and then preferences? Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.1 Beta 4
    Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
    OS Version: Mojave
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:master password

• Hi @Asyd Rayn

I have the desktop app set to require master password set for every "1 day." For some reason, I'm getting a pop-up to use my fingerprint and then other times during the day I get a pop-up to enter the master password. In short, during a 24-hour day, I may get the pop-up for entering the password 3 or 4 times a day. Is this happening to anyone else? Is this a known issue?

Could you please post a screenshot of your 1Password > Preferences > Security preferences? If you have trouble posting it here please email it to support+forum@1password.com. Please post the support ID you get back here.

Also, is it possible to add the ability to have access to preferences from the extensions instead of having to open the full application on the desktop and then preferences? Thanks.

I’m not sure of the feasibility of this as the browser extensions are sandboxed but I’ll pass the suggestion along. :)

Ben

• Asyd Rayn
    Asyd Rayn
    Community Member

Here you go.

• @Asyd Rayn

Thanks for that. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/94823/
    • Your forum username: Asyd Rayn

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

As for the issue of preferences... please try using the Cmd+, keyboard shortcut while viewing 1Password mini to open the preferences. Does that accomplish what you’re looking for?

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• Asyd Rayn
    Asyd Rayn
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

@Ben will collect that and send it along.

The command works for preferences, thanks for that, although it seems to activate with simply "Cmd, (comma)" or was the "+" simply meant as Command AND comma? But yes that's what I'm looking for if I remember the keystrokes. Would be nice if it could be in the dropdown where we choose which vault we want to use though.

Just noticed, when using keyboard the pref window doesn't jump to front AND all aspects of the window are grayscale and don't actually look selectable -- now that's weird.

• Asyd Rayn
    Asyd Rayn
    Community Member

Done, my reference support ID: #KXU-41776-265

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Asyd Rayn - thanks for that; one of us will be with you shortly. :)

ref: KXU-41776-265

• Asyd Rayn
    Asyd Rayn
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

@Lars, I'm still curious about when I might get an answer about how this works or why it's prompting me in less time than I have set. It seems to me if I wake my computer at 9am and use and unlock 1password at 9:01 that it won't pester me for 24 hours. Instead it pesters me at some random hour that is less than 1 day. What time clock is being used or where or how is the time being calculated. It's beyond annoying. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Asyd Rayn - I'm confused; it appears you've been communicating with at least two of my colleagues via email on this issue and the most-recent email in that thread was a reply from my colleague Andrew to you on the 10th of September. Please reply there, not here, if you'd like to resume that conversation.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Asyd Rayn For ease of reference, I've merged the two threads you created with identical titles. I didn't ask you to communicate in this thread, I asked you to continue the conversation via email. Let's continue that way, please. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.