1Password will no accept my master password on Mac. It works fine on iPhone.

fensf
fensf
Community Member

iPhone has 1PW version 7.2.2, running IOS 12.
Laptop has Mojave, 10.14.1. I have 1Password 6 AND 1Password 7 and cannot move either to trash in order to start over.
Sync is via iCloud.

1Password Version: 7.2.2 IOS, 6&7 Mac
Extension Version: 10.14.1; 7.2.2
OS Version: IOS 12,Mojave 10.14.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Una

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @fensf! I'm sorry for the trouble! 1Password doesn't just arbitrarily change your Master Password for you, as it's the Master Password that's used to derive the encryption key which actually unlocks (transforms) your data. That means, it's literally not possible to use the same Master Password on the same set of data on two different devices running 1Password, and have one work and the other not work.

That means something's gone amiss with your 1Password setup on at least one of your devices. However, to get a better idea of what it might be, rather than playing 20 Questions with you here in this public forum, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#RVN-25299-236]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @fensf only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: RVN-25299-236

• fensf
    fensf
    Community Member

[#RVN-25299-236]
    I followed your instructions on my Mac laptop and have sent you the diagnostic report.
    I am unable to follow your instructions re IOS - the link you provided brings me to a page with no further useful links "How to send a 1Password diagnostic report"
    /Users/fensartorius/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary/resources/proxies/derivatives/28/00/28c4/UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_28c4.jpg

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@fensf - let's keep this conversation going via email, if you don't mind. :)

This discussion has been closed.