Chrome extension features not working on mac

andrewgunn
andrewgunn
Community Member

Following online tutorial for changing/improving passwords. When I hover over the 1 password extenstion in chrome to auto fill a login or copy a password nothing happens. I am using OS High Sierra v. 10.13.6 and Chrome Version 70.0.3538.110

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Following online tutorial. Nothing happens when I hover over 1password extension in chrome.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @andrewgunn! You need to hover over the actual password itself, not just the extension button in the browser or the overall extension window. When you do that, you should see this:

Let me know if that's not the case.

• andrewgunn
    andrewgunn
    Community Member

I was refering to the extension in chrome. The youtube tutorial shows the user hovering over the 1password extension icon in chrome for quick access to username and password. This is the feature that does not seem to work.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@andrewgunn - can you give me a link to the tutorial you were watching?

• andrewgunn
    andrewgunn
    Community Member

Change your passwords and make them stronger
    https://youtu.be/Rky57Be6u4k ,
    55 seconds in.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@andrewgunn - thanks. There are a lot of 1Password videos out there on the internet and not all of them are accurate or made by us. That one is, however, but it's using the previous version of 1Password for Mac (version 6) that was current until version 7 was released this summer. The new version works similarly: you click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, but instead of a drop-down menu that's anchored to your toolbar, when you click the icon, it pops up an independent window. In both cases (version 6 and version 7), however, you do indeed have to click the icon. Hovering over it has never been an option. In the version 7 mini (the independent window), you'll still see "facebook" as in the example above, but there is no flyout menu. Instead, you click the arrow to the right of the option, and you'll be able to hover over the item and click the copy mouseover button to copy your data:

Hope that's helpful! :)

This discussion has been closed.