Installed v.6.8.9 onto new Mac. Synced with dropbox. All good. Where the Heck do I find my license?

casylewise
casylewise
Community Member

Program install and sync went smooth. Now program is asking me to buy or find my license. On older machine, License appears to just be a file? When I open License under the 1Password6 menu it says 'You are licensed!' apparently on as many Macs as I like. Cool, but how do I tell the new computer that thinks I have a 30 day trial?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Installed licensed v.6.8.9 on new Mac. Where do I find my license?

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

As you still have the older Mac, just copy the licence file across and double-click it.

Mind you, the reference to a 30-day trial makes me wonder if you have set 1PW up in subscription mode when you wanted to go with a stand-alone licence.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @casylewise! I'm with @danco - it sounds as if you may have opened a 1password.com account at some point, which is different than using the licensed, standalone version of 1Password. Can you go to Preferences > Accounts and tell me what you see there (if anything)? If you see an account there, then this gets more complicated. Thanks in advance.

This discussion has been closed.