2»

Comments

• JohnnyUtahh
    JohnnyUtahh
    Community Member
    Options

Noting for the record: rev 6 release notes and download links:
    https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM4

(1Password does a marvelous job with its release notes, kudos. I'd also suggest a http://<domain.tld>/releasenotes or similar link that tracks all historical release notes for all products and all their respective versions.)

• Good morning, Johnny. Thank you for all the information you’ve provided. We have had a few performance issues that we’ve addressed since the introduction of 1Password 7, but nothing to the degree that you mentioned above. I am responding to your email now and will continue the conversation there.

• mrlawson
    mrlawson
    Community Member
    Options

HI @MrRooni, I was having horrible performance issues (on both Mac and iOS). I removed all my vaults, deleted 1Password and reinstalled it. It is still slow, but MUCH better. Is improving these performance issues a big priority for the Mac/iOS? Should I email you with what I'm currently experiencing?

• @mrlawson I certainly wouldn't say no to some diagnostic reports and a rundown of what you're seeing sent to support+roo@1password.com. Thanks!

• JohnnyUtahh
    JohnnyUtahh
    Community Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

My guess is that the performance problems are not limited to only my machines (same thing happens on qty-2 max-ed MacBook Pro 2017-ish models), based upon how wonderfully 6.8.9 has performed since I moved to it, and also on @mrlawson 's and @timlockridge 's notes above. I find it more likely to believe there's several people simply not reporting their symptoms because maybe they don't know how and/or they rejected 1Password and moved to a competitor. But of course, I only speculate.

In any case, I'm checking in here after a month or so. Rev 6.8.9 continues to work wonderfully for me.

Question: can anyone claim or speculate if the mid-December release (which appears to have been publicized after my thread above) of 7.2.4 (1Password 7.2.4 release notes and download link here) solve my above symptoms/problems? I really do NOT want to waste time on something for which 1Password does not have solid confidence. I sent in my diag reports earlier; can someone review to correlate to see if fixes/updates in 7.2.4 address my issues?

Thanks all for all the effort from everyone, including the 1Password staff.

• NickElsey
    NickElsey
    Community Member
    Options

I'm running 7.2.4 for macOS (Mojave in Dark mode) and performance continues to be abysmal.

• Hi @JohnnyUtahh, thanks for checking in here. @NickElsey we are in the process of addressing these performance issues in the upcoming 7.2.5 update. Would you be willing to install our beta build and see if it helps? If so you can do so from this link here: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/download/OPM7/Y

• NickElsey
    NickElsey
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MrRooni - Yes, performance appears to be a lot better with 7.2.5. Thanks for responding.

• Glad to hear it, @NickElsey! Thanks for confirming.

• NickElsey
    NickElsey
    Community Member
    Options

You should add this to the release notes - I believe the performance problem will be a pain point for many users.

• JohnnyUtahh
    JohnnyUtahh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @NickElsey - are your performance problems still alleviated with 7.2.5? (And many thanks for the reports on this.)

This discussion has been closed.