Web client doesn't seem to be syncing

TonyCr46
TonyCr46
Community Member
edited December 2018 in Mac

Mac OS High Sierra
Firefox Mac Browser 63.0.3

Whenever I make a change to a login, the addon asks if I want to save or update. It always takes me to the web client even though I have the Mac app installed. The updates done on the web client don't reach the ios or the Mac app (901 shown in the web client and 918 in the Mac and iOS apps and the latest updates on the web aren't making it to the Mac or iOS apps). I don't see any place to verify whether the web app is syncing to Dropbox or iCloud. At one time I was syncing to Dropbox but have changed to iCloud for sync.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: 1.12.3
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@TonyCr46 - I'm sorry for the trouble. This is happening because you installed 1Password X instead of the extension version designed to accompany the 1Password 7 for Mac app.

That means a couple of things: first, you are not syncing via either Dropbox or iCloud, because at some point in the past, you opened a 1password.com membership/account. Your data is being synced via the 1password.com servers. :)

However, it sounds as if you've also still got at least one standalone vault ("Primary") in one or more of your devices. These may indeed be syncing via iCloud or Dropbox, but they don't sync with your 1password.com account. Can you look in Preferences > Vaults and tell me what you see there? How many vaults are there, and what are their names? Do the same thing on your iOS device, under Settings > Vaults. Thanks in advance.

This discussion has been closed.