macOS Version 10.14.2 (18C54), Safari Version 12.0.2 (14606.3.4)

ChristophRoettger
ChristophRoettger
Community Member

Favourites end up opening Safari Preferences on Extensions tab, rather than opening the favourite site I want to open (or any other).

Somehow the Safari extension does not seem to recognize that 1Password for macOS is installed, and there seems to be no way to make the extension understand that it is.

I did the usual uninstall, reinstall and on and on, to no avail.

Since I upgraded to the above macOs and Safari version, 1Password basically stopped working for me in Safari. I could probably work around the problem by switching to Chrome, but I do not want 1Password to force me to use a specific browser.

I sent two emails to support, but have not received an answer yet.

Does anyone else have that problem? Is any solution known?

I just paid for a family plan, trying to get my wife into using a password manager, but I look like an idiot now. I asked her to refrain from upgrading macOS, but sooner or later she will have to.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.2 (70202006) AgileBits Sto
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: macOS Version 10.14.2 (18C54)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @ChristophRoettger

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble, and for the delay in getting a reply to you. For Safari 12 Apple has depricated the Safari Extension Gallery and is pushing developers to their newer Safari App Extension framework. In the end this should work better, as there won't be any separate extension to install and maintain within Safari: it'll be packaged with 1Password itself. As such 1Password from the Safari Extension Gallery should not be installed. That'll only work with versions of Safari prior to Safari 12. If you have that installed please uninstall it and reboot your Mac.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.