in desperate need - very stressed...

nickholl
nickholl
Community Member

I just reinstalled my Mac. Tried to reinstall 1password and I think I installed the wrong version (I have an old license that I'm not sure is supported by the latest software).

Ive now got a converted 1password dropbox folder which doesn't seem to work in the old software - and I can't seem to add my serial number to that software either!

im very stressed to think that my passwords and data may be lost - because there are so many files in the dropbox folder I'm not even sure its going to be that easy to revert! :(

How will this effect my iOS password syncing as well - I'm now worried that ill lose all that data forever as well

someone please help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:in desperate need - very stressed

Comments

• nickholl
    nickholl
    Community Member

managed to salvage my old keychain from another computer before it got updated by dropbox. Thanks god.

Ive got to say, 1passwords licensing and versioning is a hot mess! Version six is marketed for people with 'older computers' when in fact its just for people with older standalone licenses!

• Ive got to say, 1passwords licensing and versioning is a hot mess! Version six is marketed for people with 'older computers' when in fact its just for people with older standalone licenses!

I'm not sure I follow. Version 6 isn't marketed or sold at all anymore. It is made available as a legacy download so that folks who have purchased it in the past can continue to download it. In any event -- it sounds like you were able to sort this out, but please let me know if you have further questions or if we can be of further assistance.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.