Duplicated Items

Jason51
Jason51
Community Member

I just upgraded from Version 6 to 7 on all my Macs and iOS devices (each running the latest operating system versions), and added a 1Password.com membership. I was previously syncing with Dropbox. The first Mac that I used has 903 items under All Items. My second Mac has 1669 items with tons of duplicates. Each duplicate is different, some with last modified dates that go back years, others not. Some with new random tags that I did not create. My three iOS devices have different numbers of items: Two with 1668 items and one with 1650.

Worse yet, some items that I updated today before my upgrade are present on some devices but not others.

What a mess!!

This is going to require hours of manual work to fix.

Where do I start? The computer with the most items?

Should I shut down my other devices? Can I force sync changes to my other devices once they restart?

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.1
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• Jason51
    Jason51
    Community Member

There is strange behavior between my two macs. On Mac A if I create a new item, it shows up on Mac B. However, if I create a new item on Mac B, it does not show up on Mac A.

• Jason51
    Jason51
    Community Member

On both of my Macs, I'm running 1Password 7 version 7.2.2 (70202007) from the Mac App Store.

But they are different. The Preferences are different. Mac B has Sync, WLAN Server, and Backup, and Mac A does not.

• Jason51
    Jason51
    Community Member

I'm on the 30 day trial on both computers. Both have the same email address and Secret Key.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi @Jason51,

The reason for this is because you still have your old “Primary” vault on your second Mac. That vault is your old standalone vault from before switching over to a 1Password membership.

The migration process from standalone to membership doesn’t so much move your data as it does copy it from the old vault to the new one. On your first Mac, the old Primary vault was deleted as the last step of the process. But on the second Mac, and any other device you have, the old vault needs to be deleted manually or else you will have duplicates, as well as syncing issues.

Open 1Password on your second Mac and, in the top menu bar, click Vault>Switch to Vault>Primary and then Vault>Delete Vault. That should solve the issues.

This discussion has been closed.