Using 1Password on Mac and portable devices-problem accessing master password file.

jefflew
jefflew
Community Member

1Password has been installed on a phone, tablet and an iMac. The phone and tablet can access the master passwords. Running Google Chrome on the iMac with the 1Password extension. The iMac application can't access the password file even though I am logged in with the same master password. Is there an "import" routine to bring in existing passwords into the iMac application? What is the difference between the Chrome extension and running the 1Password app on the iMac?

1Password Version: 1Password 7
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OS 10.14.1
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @jefflew! You shouldn't need to "import" 1Password data, provided you're using the same data everywhere. If this is a VERY (as in: completely) new installation, it might take a second or two to populate from iCloud. But if that's not the case, then I'm guessing that you're not using the same data file. Are you signed into iCloud using the same set of credentials on every device? If so, then you may not be using the same sync method everywhere. When you go to Settings > Sync on your mobile devices (tablet and phone), what do you see when you tap your vault (Primary, I assume)? And on your Mac, when you click Preferences > Sync, do you also see iCloud? Or something else?

• jefflew
    jefflew
    Community Member

Thanks. I was able to resolve by switching to the correct vault.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jefflew - ha! That'll do it, every time: the ol' "wrong vault" trick -- second time this week I've fallen for it! (with apologies to Don Adams). ;)

Seriously, glad you figured it out. :)

This discussion has been closed.