1Password has recently started taking a very long time to start up after login

NomadUK
NomadUK
Community Member

1Password has been behaving fine on my iMac (mid-2014, 1.4GHZ i5, 8GB) until the past few days, when I've noticed that, after logging into my account in the morning, and starting up Safari (12.0.2) and other apps, it takes two or three minutes for 1Password to finally start up and appear in the menu bar. It is literally the last thing that starts after I log in; everything else is done and sitting there.

Running ps aux | grep -i password, I see

/Applications/1Password 7.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password 7 -psn_0_184365
/Applications/1Password 7.app/Contents/PlugIns/1PasswordSafariAppExtension.appex/Contents/MacOS/1PasswordSafariAppExtension

Any ideas?

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: 7.2.2
OS Version: macOS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @NomadUK

My sincere apologies that we haven't replied to you before now. Are you still seeing this in the latest version of 1Password for Mac?

Ben

• andrehuang
    andrehuang
    Community Member

the same situation seems happened to me. (version 7.2.4 on Mac 10.14.2)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@andrehuang - I've answered you in the other thread you opened on this same topic. Please try to refrain from posting the same issue in multiple threads; it causes confusion and delay and slows the support times for everyone, including you. Thanks!

• andrehuang
    andrehuang
    Community Member

@Lars sorry for that. I'll reply it on my own thread.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• NomadUK
    NomadUK
    Community Member

Seems to be. I logged in this morning, and (a) it was a while before the 1Password icon started bouncing in the dock and (b) it was a while after that before it showed up in the menu bar.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@NomadUK - can you grab a process sample for us while it's being slow like this, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com? You can take a sample from Activity Monitor. Just click the gear icon and choose "Sample Process."

• NomadUK
    NomadUK
    Community Member

I'll do that at some point and post it.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@NomadUK - sorry to be unclear; don't post that here, it will likely exceed the character limit for these posts. Instead, send it along as an attachment to an email to support@1password.com and when you receive the reply from our automated BitBot assistant, it will contain a support ID number. Please post that here, so we can "connect the dots." Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.