Enhancement Request - American Express Card Details

TomCat65
TomCat65
Community Member
edited December 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

There are two forms of security offered by American Express Cards. The first is the four digit Card Security Code (CSC) embossed on the front of the card. The other is the three digit Card Verification Value (CVV) printed on the back of the card on the right side of the signature panel. Presently 1Password only accepts one of these fields in the Card Details section that autofills, but some sites do not work with the CSC and request the CVV or vice versa. It would be a great enhancement for 1Password to record both codes and autofill the correct code. Also, the field names should be labeled correctly, either Card Security Code (front) or Card Verification Value (back).

As a workaround, I created a custom password field labeled CVV in the Additional Details section where I recorded the three digit CVV from the back o the card and I can refer to it when filling in credit card forms that require the CVV rather than the CSC.

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OSX 10.14.1
Sync Type: 1Password?
Referrer: forum-search:American Express Card || AMEX Card

Comments

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2018

Welcome to the forum, @TomCat65! :)

Thanks so much for the request, and for explaining it in detail. I can definitely see how having both CSC and CVV numbers fillable could be useful. :) We're working on a few exciting improvements related to filling, and (at least) one of them should cover this use case. Having said that, it might take a while before any of these improvements see daylight, so please bear with us. ;)

• southernyankee65
    southernyankee65
    Community Member

Thanks! One possible way around this for any future changes that may come might be to allow the ability for the user to enter custom labels and fields under the card details.

Thanks for making great software!

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

@southernyankee65 You're on the right track, but I don't want to promise anything just yet. ;)

Thanks for the kind words, I'll pass them along to the rest of the team. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.