1password 6 and dropbox password won't work together.

traugott
traugott
Community Member

I use 1password 6 on my Macs. I use dropbox to synch. When I need to log in to dropbox for other reasons, using 1password results in an error message. I then go through the process of resetting the dropbox password, which logs me in to dropbox, but if I then save/update the new password, log out of dropbox, and then try to log back in, I again get the error message. I have corresponded with dropbox about this (and, if you provide me with an email address, can forward to you a copy of those emails, complete with a screencast of all this happening), but they say that the problem is with 1password. If so, I need your help.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OS X 13.3
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:dropbox password

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

I'll make a suggestion that might work. If it doesn't, an AgileBits staff member will be along in due course.

Instead of trying to get 1PW to fill the password, have you tried copying the password from 1PW and then pasting it?

The thing is, that because of the way the filling logic works, in some cases - particularly if your chosen password is longer than the site permits ,- filling does not work and copy and pasted does.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@traugott - sorry for the trouble! I'd say @danco's explanation is as likely as anything else, since we've had no widespread reports of filling failures at dropbox.com. Are you using a particularly lengthy/unusual password? And did you try @danco's suggestion?

• traugott
    traugott
    Community Member

Actually, Sebastian (of 1password tech support) solved this. The problem was that my browser (Chrome) had saved an (earlier?) password and was over-riding 1password by entering the incorrect password. (I was able to verify this by adding the 1password Mini extension into a different browser (Firefox) which worked just fine.) By going into Chrome's saved passwords and deleting the entries (there were two) for the site in question (dropbox), the problem has been cured. Thanks for your help.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@traugott - excellent, glad you're all squared away. :)

This discussion has been closed.