1Password 7 crashes on startup

BluesBrother1980
BluesBrother1980
Community Member

I'm trying to upgrade from 1Password 6 (for which I have a standalone license) to 1Password 7 in advance of installing Mojave on my Mac. I first downloaded and installed 1Password 7 from the App Store, but when I start it, it lets me enter my Master Password, then it crashes. So I downloaded it from your website and installed the pkg, but the same thing happens: it crashes soon after starting. Is this a known problem or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@BluesBrother1980 - no, that's not a common problem, and I can't say whether you're doing something wrong, but I'm sorry for the trouble! What happened the very first time you launched 1Password 7 for Mac? Were you able to get anywhere at all? Or did the app crash immediately? If you were able to, what steps did you take?

• BluesBrother1980
    BluesBrother1980
    Community Member

Lars, thank you for the prompt response. It now appears to be working, but I'm not aware of having done anything or made any changes. I neglected to mention: I'm currently running MacOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra) and am prepping to upgrade to 10.14 (Mojave). As part of that prep, I was upgrading 1Password from version 6.x to version 7. I initially installed the new version (7) from the App Store (without uninstalling version 6, first). I did quit the old version, including Mini.

However, when I started the new version, it would prompt me for my Master Password, which I entered, and the main screen opened, but after a few seconds (less than 5) it would "end unexpectedly". I tried it several times with the same exact results.

So I downloaded version 7 from your website and installed it (again), and got the exact same results. I've no idea what the problem was.

I have since restarted the machine, and version 7 now appears to be working; the crash on startup is no longer occurring. I dunno - maybe some interference between the old (6) and new (7) versions?

We'll file this one as a, "UFO": Unexplained Funny Occurrence. ;-)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@BluesBrother1980 - glad to hear things appear to have straightened themselves out, but keep an eye on things and let us know if you notice anything else or have additional questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.