Reverting back to 1password 6

ecodave
ecodave
Community Member

I have used 1password for many years and have paid for numerous versions. I am not interested in a subscription, but like many others I seem to have stumbled into the subscription. I am still using 6.8.8 on my computer and appear to have version 7 on my iPhone and iPad.
How do I go back to using version 6? I have seen some instructions, but I am ok on my computer right? How do I revert on the IOS devices and how do I get out of this subscription model?

1Password Version: 6.8.8 on computer 7 on IOS devices
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @ecodave

You cannot revert to 1Password 6 on iOS. You can learn about how to revert to standalone here:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

Also: 1Password 7 for Mac is avalable for licensing. It does require a separate license from v6. I'd highly recommend upgrading, as 1Password 6 has been retired, and is no longer being developed:

1Password 7 for Mac: The Best Ever | 1Password

I hope that helps!

Ben

• KeithG
    KeithG
    Community Member

I’m very unhappy about this. I have version 6 running on my mac, iphone, and old ipad. Standalone vault in dropbox. I’ve just bought a new ipad and there seems to be no way to install version 6 on it, version 7 installs but does not offer dropbox as vault source, plus it’s a paid upgrade I don’t want / need. Please tell me how to install version 6 on the new ipad.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2018

You can't, but v7 can be used with a standalone vault -- you just need to scroll down on the welcome screen to see the option. There is no cost to upgrade from 1Password 6 to 1Password 7 on iOS.

Ben

• KeithG
    KeithG
    Community Member

Thank you for putting me right about the (not) paid upgrade. Also, for the hint to scroll down. Duh. In my defence, your honour, there was absolutely no clue that the welcome screen was scrollable.
    All seems well now, thanks again,

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@KeithG - glad Ben was able to help! In support of your defense, you're not the only person who's been tripped up by the scrolling issue. Maybe we need to put a big flashing down arrow or something. ;)

• HWork
    HWork
    Community Member

I am having the same issue but I do not see any scroll bars on the v7 Welcome screen.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@HWork - there aren't any scroll bars, per se. Just grab and drag or use your scroll wheel if you've got a 3rd party mouse. If that's not working for you, can you include a screenshot of what you're seeing that's causing the problem for you? Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.