Disabling browser autofill animations, in 1Password 7

Options
2»

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

As I'm sure you're aware from using it, we put a lot of work into making 1Password accessible, but there is always room for improvement. Regarding editing the plist, TextWrangler has good support for those. You could open it with that.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

+1 from me to remove animations.

1Password already has a lot of great design features for accessibility, such as dark mode and a clear UI. This would made a great addition. Plus it could be presented as a distraction-free mode.

Avoiding anything that draws a person's attention away from the main content and using good design, such as color, white space, and simple presentation can help users focus on important content and functionality. - https://webaim.org/articles/cognitive/

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for chiming in! It's something we'll continue to evaluate, along with the other work we're doing. :)

• brtdv
    brtdv
    Community Member
    Options

+1, please make it possible again to disable the animation

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @brtdv! Thanks for adding your wishes to this thread. It's something we'll continue to evaluate as we move forward with 1Password.

• yecundha
    yecundha
    Community Member
    Options

+1 This should be an option.
    @Lars, you should try to understand your customers instead of mocking them.
    I'm using 1password at work almost every 30 mins and this animation is exasperating. You probably don't use your own product that much, otherwise you wouldn't reply that way.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @yecundha, and thanks for the feedback. :)

• grahame
    grahame
    Community Member
    Options

Hey, I just used the plist trick to disable animations and I find 1password in Firefox vastly better to use, especially when I'm going through a multiple stage authentication flow. The few seconds chewed up by the animation were really frustrating, especially as it'd animate, then ask me to use touchid, then animate -again-. A checkbox to disable would be wonderful.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for your feedback @grahame! And I am happy to hear that you found the trick useful :)

This discussion has been closed.