Tags are missing after Upgrade to 1Password 7

larsstr
larsstr
Community Member

Hey!
A few weeks ago, I upgraded my 1Password from version 6 to 7. I have two vaults, which are stored in Dropbox and synced across my iMac, MacBook Pro and iPhone. On first start of 1Password 7 on my iMac, i had to convert my vaults into *.opvault-files. Everything looked fine, all my credentials were visible again in 1Password 7. Moreover the embedding on my iPhone was no problem, too. But now the problem: On my mac all folders are gone and they were not converted to tags, I think. If I create a new credential for a service and add a tag, then the tag appears on the left hand side of the 1Password 7 application. But all my other credentials, which were stored in dozens of folders are missing!
On my iPhone all the folders are there – but they are folders and not tags? On the opposite the newly created tag of a new credential is also visible on my iPhone.
In addition to this, there is another weird behavior: At this time I had only one vault imported to my iPhone version of 1Password. All the folders where visible. After adding the second vault, right after the import only the folders of the second vault were visible (although i changed the vault on the top left hand side of the app). After closing the app and reopen it – all folders are gone and only the one newly created tag is visible – regardless of the selected vault?! If I now remove the second vault from my iPhone and restart the app, all folders of the first vault appear again.

I'm overstrained with this behavior... I'm appreciating your support!

Best regards
larsstr

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.2 (70202006)
Extension Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.2
OS Version: OS X 10.14.2 (same error on high sierra)
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:Tags are missing after Upgrade to 1Password 7

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @larsstr! Sorry for the confusion. It's difficult to say from just your description, but it sounds as if you may be syncing to the newer .opvault format on one device (your Mac) but still the older .agilekeychain format on at least one iOS device. However, rather than guessing or playing 20 Questions with you here on this public forum, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#WUA-38647-296]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @larsstr only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: WUA-38647-296

• larsstr
    larsstr
    Community Member

Thank you very much! I will create the diagnostics and will send them to you today. I took a look at my applications and all clients are using the same .opvault file. But I think the diagnostics could tell more about it :).

• larsstr
    larsstr
    Community Member

Ok Update: I reinstalled 1Password and found the manual option to convert folders to tags. After clicking on it, 1Password 7 crashed... But afterwards everything seems right..
    Now, I have the tags on all my clients (converted from the existing folders). I sent you the diagnostics of my iMac and my iPhone before manual conversion to tags. As it seems now everything right, you don't need the diagnostics of my MacBook, right?

On my iPhone, the nested tags are now on top level (divided by slashes), is this the correct behavior?

Thank you very much for your support!

• Hi @larsstr ,

Nested tags on iPhone are currently shown with slashes. They will be shown as nested in a future update.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.