New category: router

Christer
Christer
Community Member

I would like to have a new category: router. We do have wireless router – but I have a non-wireless router and want to distinguish between my routers and wireless routers.

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.14.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@Christer ,

Use a Secure Note for this. Add the Sections and Fields you want under each, and save it with a name such as _Router Template. Add a custom icon if you want. Add the Tags you wand to distinguish this "category". Leave the fields empty.

Now, you can Duplicate that template to fill in the data you need.

FYI: I've designed in my head a custom "category" creator, to add to the converter suite. It would accept a simple textual definition of the basics, such as Title, Tags, Notes, Icon, and the desired Sections with each section's fields and types. This would allow users to construct their simple template in an easy-to-read textual format, run it through the processor, and import the blank template into 1Password for duplication and usage.

To note, there have been requests for at least a hundred different categories over the years - you're not likely going to see any traction on this. Hard-coded generic categories (like Folders) are old-school. The better design is via custom templates (which is supported on the Business subscription version).

• Christer
    Christer
    Community Member

Thanks for your suggestions. I have the Family subscription version. Would be nice if the Family subscription version also had custom templates like in Business.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Christer - that's one of the things that makes 1Password Business memberships cost considerably more than 1Password Families, but if it's a must-have for you, you're certainly welcome open a 1Password Business or 1Password Teams account and transfer your data over. Let us know if you want to do that and have questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.