Do I have to purchase a subscription to use the chrome plugin if I have a family license?

Options
mkatiebluth
mkatiebluth
Community Member

Do I have to purchase a subscription to use the chrome plugin if I have a family license? For some reason my mac is showing as read only although I have a license as well.

1Password Version: Version 7.2.2
Extension Version: 1.13
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:browser plugin 1password mac

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mkatiebluth

If you mean 1Password X, yes, that does require a subscription. It does not work with licenses.

Get to know 1Password X

If you mean the 1Password 7 for Mac companion Chrome extension (this one) it is possible to use that with a 1Password 7 for Mac license which can be purchased within the 1Password 7 for Mac application.

Ben

• mkatiebluth
    mkatiebluth
    Community Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the correct link. What about the issue that my 1password7 for Mac is read only? I attempted to add license but my license files are not working any longer.

Katie

• Ben
    Options

@mkatiebluth

Do you have a 1Password 7 for Mac license, or is your license for an earlier version?

Ben

• mkatiebluth
    mkatiebluth
    Community Member
    Options

Ben,

The license is from an earlier version. I have a 4 and 5 license key for family.

Katie

• Ben
    Options

Katie,

Gotcha, thanks. Those would not apply to 1Password 7. 1Password 7 requires either a 1Password membership subscription or a separate license purchase. You can read more about the options here:

Upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac

Ben

This discussion has been closed.