Cannot create multi-page login for iberiabank.com

My bank (www.iberiabank.com) recently changed their web login interface to a multi-page login and my 1password login entry no longer works. After trying unsuccessfully to edit the existing entry, I deleted the entry completely and started over using the instructions at https://support.1password.com/create-multi-page-login/?mac
The procedure appears to work until I get to the 2nd page and enter my password. At this point, when I select 1password, Settings and "Save New Login", I do NOT get a window opened to either Create New or Update Existing.
I googled this behavior and saw others have had this issue in the past.
I am running 1Password 6 Version 6.8.5 (685004) with the Safari extension.
Can you provide any suggestions?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bfnlaw,

Unfortunately for the moment you are going to be restricted to copy and paste which I wish wasn't the case. Your bank is using something called shadow DOMs for the sign-in page or at least the one I found. Now we do have support for shadow DOMs but there are three blockers here.

1. Shadow DOM support is currently only in the beta version of the 1Password extension.
    2. The site has highlighted a bug which we need to fix which is related to shadow DOM support.
    3. The upheaval surrounding Safari, our migration to the Safari App Extension model, the eventual deprecation of Apple's Safari Extension Gallery and the lack of betas for Safari.

As it stands we will need to fix the bug, test in betas and then see if we can still upload to the Safari Extension Gallery. If we unable to upload to the Safari Extension Gallery the fix will sadly only be available to 1Password 7 as 1Password 6 does not contain support for the newer Safari App Extension approach which bypasses SEG.

I apologise that I don't have something more promising and helpful for you right now but the bug the site highlighted means only a fix from us will help.

• bfnlaw
    bfnlaw
    Community Member

Do you have any updates on this website issue?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @bfnlaw,

Sorry, I don't have anything positive to report at the moment :( It is still on our list of things that need addressed but no progress at this moment in time.

• bfnlaw
    bfnlaw
    Community Member

Ok, I've finally updated my old iMac 9,1 to High Sierra so able to migrate to 1P7; now that I'm on this newer platform (and newer Safari), can I expect any solution to my IberiaBank issue?
    I noticed that 1P7 shows "Open & Fill" for all my logins EXCEPT IberiaBank, which shows "Fill" only...
    Thanks for any reply,
    Boris

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bfnlaw: It will show "Fill" when you are already at the site and open 1Password mini. It doesn't need to "Open" at that point. Does that help? :)

• bfnlaw
    bfnlaw
    Community Member

No, it doesn't help; I figured that out (the "Fill" vs "Open&Fill" behavior) after I posted the link, but it really doesn't affect the issue I originally posted. @littlebobbytables seemed to imply that the problem could be fixed with an upgrade to IP7; it doesn't appear to have changed the behavior at all...

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bfnlaw,

I'm sorry that it felt like @littlebobbytables implied the issue will be fixed with an upgrade, because that wasn't what his words intended. I'll do my best to reiterate what has been said, and hopefully shed some light on the issue.

Shadow DOM support is currently only in the beta version of the 1Password extension.

This version isn't ready for the public yet, and I'm not sure when it will be.

The site has highlighted a bug which we need to fix which is related to shadow DOM support.

Even if the beta version was publicly available, we would still need to fix a bug in order for the site to work. As @littlebobbytables suggested in his latest post, we still haven't fixed that issue.

If we are unable to upload to the Safari Extensions Gallery the fix will sadly only be available to 1Password 7 as 1Password 6 does not contain support for the newer Safari App Extension approach which bypasses SEG.

1Password 6 uses the Safari Extensions Gallery version of the extension, and 1Password 7 uses the Safari App Extension version of the extension. With the Safari Extensions Gallery slowly being deprecated, it's possible that we won't be able to propagate the update to the Safari Extensions Gallery version of the extension. Having said that, we don't have the update in place yet, and there's no clear indication when that could happen.

This discussion has been closed.