Feature request: No need to login when desktop app is unlocked.

Options

Hi, I'm trying the 1Password X, it works perfect and I love the autofill. But I just found I need to input my master password every time I open my browser. That is quite disturbing (yeah the master pwd is long). I know the security is very important, but could you make it unlocked when you already have your desktop app unlocked? I can keep the desktop program in the background and type master pwd when I login, but I cant keep my browser on all the time.
thx.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @imwxz,

1Password X was initially designed to add support for platforms where we didn't have a dedicated client e.g. ChromeOS and Linux, that's why it currently does not interact with 1Password for Mac/Windows at all. We are playing with some ideas but all I can say at the moment is stay tuned :smile:

• imwxz
    imwxz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, @littlebobbytables
    I understand, but all I need with 1password X is its auto fill feature, the typical extension do not support and I need to click the right corner of my browser everytime-it's not cool. Have you considered just add the auto fill to the former extension?

• Hi @imwxz,

You're right, this would be cool if 1Password X could unlock automatically if the desktop app is installed and unlocked. This is something I'm looking at and hopefully we can make this a reality in the New Year.

By the way, I see that you sent an email to our support site asking about your Secret Key. That was from yesterday while your post here was just a few hours ago, so I'm guessing you already resolved that issue?

++dave;

• imwxz
    imwxz
    Community Member
    Options

@dteare
    Yes I use another email to go on...You can safely delete my account for the one I request:)

• cecelia
    edited January 2019
    Options

Hey @imwxz
    Sounds good. I've responded to you via email so we can go ahead and take care of that.
    Cheers ❤️

ref: FLJ-35461-123

• Darkalfx
    Darkalfx
    Community Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

This is my biggest complaint with the 1Password X extension.

It has absolutely amazing autofill, but it requires me to re-login every time I close my browser, even if I never left my PC.

What would work for me is:

• Bring the amazing autofill for the normal 1Password extension
    • Make the 1Password X extension not require login if the desktop app is installed and unlocked

Thanks

• Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, @Darkalfx. I agree we can do better here.

1Password X grew out of my desire to have something on Linux where we have no desktop app, so the unlock behaviour was designed based on those constraints. As 1Password X continues to grow its clear that we'll need to integrate with the other 1Password apps. It's something I've been investigating and I hope to be able to share more details with you soon.

Take care and have yourself a wonderful Christmas weekend! 🎄

++dave;

• tekfranz
    tekfranz
    Community Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

Thanks for looking into this. I feel like the 1Password X extension should not ask for a password everytime I close my browser.
    Integrating with the 1Password Desktop Applications Authentication or Windows or even Chrome Authentication would be great.

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tekfranz!

Thanks so much for your feedback. I'd love to see this happen as well. :) As Dave mentioned, we'll be looking into making 1Password X experience more seamless in the New Year.

Wishing you all happy holidays!

This discussion has been closed.