Locking is slow in 7.2.4

billj
billj
Community Member

Minor issue, but since updating three Macs to 7.2.4, I’ve noticed that command-option-control-L takes about 3 seconds to lock 1Password, whereas in 7.2.2 and earlier, it was pretty much instantaneous.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@billj - well spotted! I'm sorry for the trouble. This isn't something we did intentionally, which means it's likely a result of something else that was changed. I can reproduce it here, so I've filed it as a bug internally, and thank you for reporting it!

ref: apple-2857

• billj
    billj
    Community Member

@Lars You’re welcome. And happy new year.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'll get it fixed. Happy New Year to you as well! :chuffed:

• iceout
    iceout
    Community Member

This is happening on my installation as well. Looking forward to a resolution. Thank You

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@iceout - this issue has actually been fixed in beta, and assuming all goes well, should be released in the next stable update. If you can't wait, you can check the "Include beta builds" box in Preferences > Update within 1Password 7 for Mac. :)

• billj
    billj
    Community Member

Looks like it's been fixed in 7.2.5 (70205002) from the AgileBits Store. Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@billj - it does indeed. :) From the release notes on 7.2.5:

• Improved unlock speed when Touch ID is configured.
    • Improved unlock time in some cases on slower computers. {apple-issues#2929}
    • Improved the speed that 1Password will lock. {apple-issues#2857}
This discussion has been closed.