If I delete the 1Password 7 Account ?

RFP
RFP
Community Member

I have been using 1Password versions 3,4,5 and 6 since 2011.
On the 14th Dec. I decided to give version 7 a try so I signed up to the 30 day trial submitting my credit card details.
After only a couple of days I decided that this was far too expensive and way passed my needs so decided to delete my online version 7 Account thinking this would stop the demand on my credit card account.
I understood that deleting the v7 Account would automatically remove the payment demand on my credit card account.
This is not the case as the demand on my payment card in favour of Agilebits is still showing on my card Account..............
In the past 6 days I have contacted 1Password 7 support twice to try and get some assurances and clarification that the Agilebits demand on my card will be removed from the Credit Card Account, but to date (20th Dec) have not received any response other than the usual computer generated acknowledgement.
Do I have to pay the subscription even tho I do not hold a 1Password v7 Account ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @RFP! I'm sorry for the confusion. If you created a 1password.com account, there is a 30-day free trial. When you sign up, you're encouraged to add your credit card for payment, but not required to. If you choose not to add it, or you later remove it before the end of the 30-day period, you won't be charged. However, to do this, you'd need to sign into your account in a browser and remove the payment details (if you added them). Simply removing the 1Password app from your Mac does not delete a 1password.com account.

I'm not sure what you mean by "demand on my payment card" means, as we would not have charged you anything yet under any circumstances if you signed up as recently as Dec. 14th. You'd still have more than three weeks to go on your 30-day free trial. Can you elaborate on why you think we've charged (or are going to charge) you?

This discussion has been closed.