Duplicate items (across 3 Vaults)

kappabear
kappabear
Community Member

Hi there,

I was attempting to import an older 1Password Keychain from Dropbox into a new Vault, and about midway through, 1Password 7.x crashed. I relaunched 1Password and noticed that there was an updated, which I installed. I then re-started the import, with it completing successfully. However, I now have tons duplicated items across several Vaults. What's the best way to find and remove these duplicates? (I guess I could delete the new Vault, create a new one, and start the Import again.)

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.x
Extension Version: 7.2.2.
OS Version: 10.14.2.
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kappabear: It would probably be easiest to just delete everything from the new vault, and then re-import all the data from the original vault. Let me know how it goes.

• kappabear
    kappabear
    Community Member

@brenty, sure ... of course. But, I was really hoping that there was a way to find duplicates, and delete them. Does this mean that there's not?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kappabear: It really seems like it would be simpler to just delete everything in the new vault and then simply copy over everything you want.

The problem is that separate items are not going to be "duplicates" generally. You can try Help > Tools > Clean Up Duplicate Items, but that will only work for items that are truly identical, because we don't want 1Password destroying data due to false positives.

Either way, let me know how it goes.

• kappabear
    kappabear
    Community Member

Hi @brenty: I deleted the Vault, and may add it again at some point. I was looking for a password that I thought might have been in that old vault, but it wasn't.

Curiously, I went to Help > Tools > Clean Up Duplicate Items, and it's dimmed. Under what circumstances, should it work?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@kappabear - when you're not in All Vaults view. Try picking a specific vault. :)

This discussion has been closed.