Png icon appears in finder (Mac) on startup after migration and upgrade. How to fix?

garywan1
garywan1
Community Member
edited December 2018 in Mac

I changed machines and used migration assistant. I upgraded to 1p7. Now I have a little png icon appear in finder when I startup.

???

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I upgraded . now a png icon from and old copy of 1p shows in finder when I startup.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@garywan1 - can you take a screenshot of this png icon? Where do you see it - in the Dock, or somewhere else?

• garywan1
    garywan1
    Community Member

on the desktop... screenshot not loading into safari...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@garywan1 - you should be able to click the icon above the comment box and add a screenshot, like this:

If that's not working for you either, can you describe what this icon looks like, please?

• garywan1
    garywan1
    Community Member

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@garywan1: This doesn't seem to have anything to do with 1Password, and Apple will be better equipped to help with macOS issues so you should probably contact them. As far as the trigger, my only guess is that you either have Preview or that file in particular set to open in your user account's startup login items, or you have checked the box to have everything re-open after a restart. Either way, the root problem is that your user account does not have the correct permissions for that particular file. You should probably try doing what it says in that message.

This discussion has been closed.