How can I get rid of this annoying message?

tatami
tatami
Community Member

On my iPad, whenever I open 1password I get the following message:

Could Not Open Item
Our apologies, but the item you're handing off could not be found.

I don't know what this means, I wasn't aware that I was handing off any items, and this is really annoying.

Please could you let me know what's going on and, more importantly, how to resolve the issue.

1Password Version: Most recent version
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.1.1
Sync Type: WLAN Server

Comments

• Hi @tatami

Are you using 1Password on multiple Apple devices? This sounds like some sort of a difficulty with Apple's Handoff feature:

Pick up where you left off with Handoff on Mac - Apple Support

When you're launching 1Password are you doing so from the Dock on your iPad, and if so is the 1Password icon badged with a device icon similar to this?

If so it may help to launch 1Password from its icon on the home screen or from Spotlight, instead of from the Dock.

Ben

• tatami
    tatami
    Community Member

Thank you for such a quick reply, Ben. Much appreciated. There was a badge on the icon but, being so important to me, that's where 1password resides permanently. So I shut down my iPad and then restarted and so far so good… the problem seems to have gone away.

• I'm glad to hear that helped. If the issue reoccurs I have further suggestions, but I'd rather not make any changes that may negatively affect other aspects of your usage unless we need to do that. Hopefully we're good now. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.