crash, crash, crash.

Imconfused
Imconfused
Community Member

I just learned that my ver. 6.x was not updating to 7.2.2 so I downloaded the latest from the App Store. Crash. Crash again. Oh now it's open, so I locate the backup file and got a ton of duplicates. Everything is now read only, can't delete or make a new vault, and crash. And crash again. Ok, this isn't fun: crash again.

Any ideas, suggestions, clues that are needed to get this back to a working state?

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.16
Sync Type: folder

Comments

• Imconfused
    Imconfused
    Community Member

Downloaded & installed 7.2.4 from website. So far, less crashes, able to open up my vaults. NOT able to delete anything (everything is read-only) or create new vaults.

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@Imconfused 1Password 7 is a new version and as such requires a new License/Subscription. You can start here to find out what you need to do. hth

• Imconfused
    Imconfused
    Community Member

aha. Ok, everything is read only because the license info got lost in the upgrade. I bought this in the App Store. New computer so no legacy license file here. Went back to 6.8.9 because it works.

Can close this thread.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2018

I'm sorry for the trouble, and for the confusion. A purchase from the App Store will not apply to 1Password 7. Version 7 requires either a subscription membership (which can be used in either the download from the App Store or the download from us), or a new license (which can made in and used with the download from us only). That said your purchase status shouldn't have any effect on 1Password crashing. Can you please send in the crash reports to us? Apple will ask you for a report when something crashes (this is what your screenshot is of), but when you re-launch 1Password, you'll see another message -- which is from us -- asking you to send in the crash logs. Please do that, and send the logs to us. We'll take a look and see what we can find.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.