Error message using 1password to login, can't access web pages

Options
justingirves
justingirves
Community Member

Hello,

I just updated my mac to Mojahve 10.14.2. Ever since the update, I've been getting the same error message whenever I use 1password to open up a website. Although the app is still autofilling the correct login credentials, I get the same error message every time. I went ahead and deleted the extension and then reinstalled it, hoping this would clear up the buggy behavior. Now, when I attempt to open a website in 1password, a page opens that asks me to subscribe for $2.99 month, and I no longer have access to my saved logins.

If someone could help me as soon as possible, that would be great, as I can no longer access any of my saved websites.

Thanks,
Justin

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 7.2.2
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@justingirves: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! You can access all of your data in the main 1Password app no matter what.

You've installed 1Password 7, and haven't paid for a license for it though, or a subscription that includes it. That's why you're being prompted to pay for it. If you drag it to the Trash and restart your Mac, that won't happen anymore. But you will need to use another browser than Safari going forward in that case, as Apple is discontinuing support for the old extension, which 1Password 6 used.

So you may want to consider upgrading to 1Password 7. A 1Password.com membership includes that and all of the apps and updates, along with the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

Either way, let me know if you have any questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.