Getting iMac, iPad and iPhone to work together

CharleyM
CharleyM
Community Member

Have been using 1P for yrs on all 3. Syncing was via Dropbox. Just subscribed to 1P v.7 on my iMac. Went to the other 2 and added the account. Had trouble initially importing my data. Finally did it by importing. Now it seems that the iPad & iPhone, which had all the old data, have pulled the data imported to the Mac and it appears everything is duplicated on the IOS devices but not on the Mac. How do I get rid of the duplicates and continue to automatically sync? I don't care if I sync through Dropbox, iCloud or whatever.

Also, tried to switch from syncing thru Dropbox to iCloud. Worked fine on phone. On iPad it won't take my password to unlock the primary vault.

Also, to update the master password on the iOS devices I have to change each individually?

1Password Version: MAC 7.2.4, iOS 7.2.5
Extension Version: 7.2.2
OS Version: OS 10.13.6, IOS 12.1.0 iPad, 12.1.2 iPhone
Sync Type: Dropbox on iPad, iCloud on iPhone
Referrer: forum-search:getting Mac, iPad and iPhone ion sync

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@CharleyM: That sounds pretty weird, but we don't have any insight into 3rd party sync services so there may be a good explanation for it. You'd have to ask Apple or Dropbox though. As far as moving forward, if you have a known-good dataset on one device, it may be simplest to reset the others and then just sync all of that back to them too.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since that's been explicitly designed to solve these kinds of problems: sync is built-in, so there's no configuration, and it seamlessly integrates with 1Password. It also gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

But either way, you'll want to start with wherever you have the data you want to keep. Let me know what you find.

• CharleyM
    CharleyM
    Community Member

I do have a 1Password membership and each of these devices are signed into it. That was apparently the reason for the duplication of each entry. I turned off the other 2 vaults and now seems ok. (can't figure out how to delete them on iPhone Xr). Thanks.

does face recognition work with IP 7? ON my iPhone 6 I could use print ID to open it. Now I have an iPhone Xr and can't figure pout how to get Face ID to open it.

• @charleyM,

Yup. On the 1Password Settings Tab -> Security -> Face ID

• CharleyM
    CharleyM
    Community Member

Thanks. I probably looked right past it 5 times.

• No worries. Happy Holidays. :)

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@CharleyM: Also, you can find instructions to remove the old local vault from your devices at the end of the migration guide:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

And we're here if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.