Suggestion re 1Password window/Filling

Babbling
Babbling
Community Member

I have enjoyed having access to a 1Password window via the Finder menubar. This has enabled me to enter passwords where sites open up a new window to log in with. However, there are times when 1Password doesn't recognise that it's a related window and does not give me a "Fill" open. It only gives me the standard "Open and Fill". So end up opening the login on 1Password and copying and pasting the data. This can also happen when a website changes their URL and re-directs me to a new site to login from. What I would like is a drop-down on the "Open and Fill" button that is always there to give me the option to just "Fill" when needed.

Of course, I recognise this option may already be there but I just haven't discovered it yet. :-)

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Babbling: We're not going to do that. 1Password is designed specifically not to fill a Login unless the URL of the website matches what you have saved. It's an important protection against phishing scams, as you would easily select "fill anyway" if that were an option to give your paypal.com credentials to paypa1.com instead. It's an easy mistake to make, and it's 1Password's job to help prevent stuff like that from happening. In cases where you do need to be able to use your login credentials on a different site, you can add multiple URLs to the Login item. Be safe. :)

• Babbling
    Babbling
    Community Member

Thank Brenty! Yes, that makes a lot of sense. (And that's the reason you are designing 1Password, and not me! :-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! We want it to be easy to do the secure thing, so sometimes it isn't obvious what's going on. And it's always fun to discuss this stuff. Happy holidays! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.