To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Need help with login

camoss25
camoss25
Community Member

I've been using 1password for a while now and accidentally locked myself out. I use it predominantly on my iPad using the fingerprint login. Sometimes it makes me tap on a fingerprint icon before it will prompt for the fingerprint. This past week I accidentally tapped on the lock instead of the fingerprint icon and now it has locked me out from using the fingerprint method to log in. I cannot locate my emergency info and I'm trying to locate info about my membership so I can start a search for it. I need to know when I started using the app and how it is billed to me. Can someone help me with this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Need help with membership

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@camoss25: If you need help with billing/license information, we should be able to help with that. Just shoot us an email with the details at support@1password.com since this is a public forum and we shouldn't discuss that here.

But, more generally and perhaps importantly, there isn't anything we can do to grant you access to your data if you've locked yourself out. We do not have your Master Password; only you ever did. It is not stored in 1Password and cannot be "reset"; the only way to unlock the app is by entering the correct Master Password so that 1Password can use it as an input to decrypt the data. There's no way around that. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

Alternatively, if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Secret Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. You can try as many times as you want. You won’t be “locked out”, but you will not be able to access your data unless you can enter the required Master Password correctly. Please let me know how it turns out.

This discussion has been closed.