I have 3 1P vaults in dropbox on mac1 - how do I import ALL the extra vaults?

dealtek
dealtek
Community Member

I have 3 1P vaults in dropbox on mac1

• now I have new macbook
  • I got the main vault working in new macbook
  • how do I import/ADD ALL the extra vaults into 1P on the new macbook?

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: high sierra
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have 1P vaults in dropbox on mac1 - how do I import ALL the extra vaults into 1P on new macbook?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dealtek: Start with your main "Primary" vault. Once you've setup 1Password 7, use File > Import > 1Password Keychain to import your data there. Then create as many additional new vaults as you'll need, and import the data from your other old vaults into those as desired. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member

thanks. is it also possible to just double click on the dropbox other vaults and let them create the new vault and import by them selves?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2018

@dealtek: Sort of, but not in the way you think. You'd be able to do that to add a second local vault, provided it's in the OPVault format. The old AgileKeychain vault format isn't used by 1Password going forward. But anyway doing that would just add it as an additional vault in the app. If you just want to add the data to an existing vault you have setup in 1Password, it's best to do the import method I mentioned. And if it's the old format, that will be the only option.

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member

Thanks brenty - still a bit confused... I have :angry:
    latest 1pass
    3 vaults (OPVault) in dropbox from Computer 1
    I just want to duplicate same 3 vaults in Computer2 (not combine or merge anything ).

Q: So just double clicking on the extra 2 vaults (after 1st is setup) in dropbox will exactly duplicate Computer 1 - correct?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dealtek: If all your vaults are in the OPVault format, you can double click them to open them in 1Password 7, yes.

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member

Thanks much for the clarification!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! Thanks for asking. Here if you need anything else. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.