1Password 7 for Mac Performance

Lawdawg
Lawdawg
Community Member

My computer is a 2.8 Ghz i7 with 16 GB DDR3 RAM and 1 TB flash storage, so everything I run is extremely fast....except for 1Password. It isn't always slow, but it is often slow. Sometimes, I open 1PW-mini and it pops-up then does the spinning pinwheel for at least a minute. Other times, I'll be searching, and there's a significant delay to show the new search results, etc. Just about everything I do will commonly have significant delays that I don't experience with any other apps.

I have completely deleted my 1Password app, extensions, ~/Library files, cache and all of my vaults, and that seemed to help the performance. I'm not sure if the performance has been regressing since then or not, but it is still commonly poor performance.

Is this fairly common and is this being addressed in updates?

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.2
Sync Type: Family Plan + Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Lawdawg: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Can you give me some more specific examples of where you're having trouble? If it's easier, maybe you could record a video (taking care not to reveal any sensitive information). We can arrange for that via email for privacy, but I'd appreciate any details you can provide either way. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• Lawdawg
    Lawdawg
    Community Member

@brenty, sure I’ll try to capture it on video, but honestly there isn’t anything that consistent works at a decent speed. Every single thing I do with 1Password is more often slow than not. I know it’s not crazy expectations for speed because occasionally it actually goes at the speed I would expect, but most of the time, I’m getting a fair bit of pinwheel. Is there anything else besides a video that you’d need?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Lawdawg: Sure! I'd really appreciate it, if it's not too much trouble. A video that's representative of how it's operating typically for you could help us narrow down the cause. If you can also generate a diagnostics report after recording it, that would be even better:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send them to support@1password.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#YFD-85476-671]

If you’re reading this and you are not Lawdawg, this Support ID is for Lawdawg only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link it to our current conversation. Thanks in advance!

ref: YFD-85476-671

• Lawdawg
    Lawdawg
    Community Member

@brenty I just sent in the report. Let me know if you didn't get it. It was a bit of an inconvenience to try to get video captures of this, but let me know if you need more information.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Got it! We'll take a look and get back to you. Thank you! :)

This discussion has been closed.