6.8.8 on two computers seem to not be sharing the same vault. agilekeychain on lap opvault on deskto

Options
GenAnn
GenAnn
Community Member
edited December 2018 in Mac

I found an old login on the laptop and I have the newest one on my desktop. My husband uses the laptop and we have the shared vault in dropbox. I don't know how the same version of 1Password has managed to be connected to two different files. When I check the sync the laptop is showing dropbox, agilekeychain and the desktop is showing dropbox, apps, 1Password, opvault. How do I get them synced?

1Password Version: Mac 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mojave/desk & laptop
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:6.8.8 on two computers seem to not be sharing the same vault. agilekeychain on lap opvault on deskto

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@GenAnn: If one is syncing with an OPVault and the other with an AgileKeychain vault, they're not syncing with each other at all. You'll need to have them both set to use the same vault for that to happen. If you have everything you need in the OPVault, just disable sync on the other device(s) and then set it up again to also use that vault. Let me know how it goes. :)

• GenAnn
    GenAnn
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks , at least you got me started in the right direction. I still lost some info and have no idea where but it seems that we are now syncing correctly to the same vault. I kept the keychain info in alternate vaults that I can pull up if I am desperate. Now, to make sure the phones are in sync too. A woman's day is never done!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@GenAnn - I'm sorry to hear you lost data! That shouldn't have happened. Make sure you're viewing All Items, and check again? On your phone, the same principle applies: make sure the sync keychain in Dropbox is the OPVault, not the Agile Keychain. If it needs to be switched, you can turn off sync (temporarily), then turn it back on and point it to the OPVault instead of the Agile Keychain. Make sure you back up your data before doing any of this.

• GenAnn
    GenAnn
    Community Member
    Options

Lars, I'm not sure the lost data was due to 1Password. It was more likely the way my husband, while unsupervised (laugh) saved the changes he made to a login. I was able to just go back and reestablish a new login for the site and save it correctly. Now, I just need to clean up all the dupes I created by merging the vaults. Not such a big problem as it would have been really taxing to have to recreate all that. Thanks very much for the heads up about the IOS syncing.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@GenAnn - sounds good -- let us know if you have any further questions/issues. :)

This discussion has been closed.