can not give my license number to 1P 7

olivac
olivac
Community Member

Hello !
With Mojave, 1P on Safari browser did not seem to work any more, so I tried to re-install it. Instead I installed 1P 7, and now I can only read my passwords. I tried to give my previous license number to 1P 7 (Myname-...-...onepassword-license file) but it did not work (I can not select it) . I tried to launch 1P 6, but it did not work too.
What can I do ?

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Mojave 10.14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2018

Welcome to the forum, @olivac! 1Password 7 for Mac is a completely new, full-version upgrade to 1Password, and as such, it requires a new purchase (unless your purchase of version 6 was on or after March 27, 2018).

macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”) includes the new Safari 12, which contains a number of changes to how 1Password (and all other apps) can interact with the browser via extensions. Essentially, the older-style .safariextz extensions we've all been using for years have been replaced by Apple with a newer format for extensions called Safari App Extensions. 1Password 7 for Mac contains this newer version, but 1Password 6 for Mac does not and almost certainly never will, as it's out of development.

For now, it's still possible to use the older, .safariextz style of extension in Mojave/Safari 12, and therefore it's still possible to use 1Password 6 for Mac, but we don't know for how much longer that's going to be the case. If you're a confirmed Safari user, the best recommendation I can give you would be to stick with the upgrade and either become a 1password.com member or purchase a new standalone license. Either one of those things can be done via clicking the large Read Only badge in any of your items. You'll see the Purchase Options window, like this:

Let us know how you get on! :)

This discussion has been closed.