autofill on onlinebanking website doesn't work anymore


1password can't autofill my onlinebanking-website anymore:

it worked several month ago, 1password filled in the field "verfügernummer" (it's like a username).

I think the bank changed something.

could you check this website and adapt 1password, please?

many thanks,


1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type:


  • brentybrenty

    Team Member

    @ffuchs: If there is something we can do in 1Password to compensate for a change on the site, it's not going to happen overnight. We'll need to develop and test it, and then release an update for the app after that. So it's worth exploring other options first. Please do the following:

    1. Update your browser fully
    2. Update 1Password (7.2.2 is months old)
    3. Restart your Mac
    4. Save a new login manually for the site
    5. Reload the page and try filling again

    If you're still having trouble, please let me know the results, and the specific browser and extension versions you're using, and we'll go from there.

  • ffuchsffuchs Junior Member

    dear brenty,

    thanks for your suggestions, here my answers:

    Update your browser fully
    -> I use safari from 10.14.2

    Update 1Password (7.2.2 is months old)
    -> I bought 1Password via macOS app store, no newer version is offered

    Restart your Mac
    -> done

    Save a new login manually for the site
    -> done

    Reload the page and try filling again

    unfortunately didn't helped



  • Greetings @ffuchs,

    Armed with sufficient details to test I visited the site and I tested both 7.2.2 and 7.2.4 because there are big differences in the filling code and just in case it was a factor I tested in Safari as well as my goto browser Vivaldi. As it's a multi-stage sign-in process I used the steps outlined on our support page Sign in to websites with username and password split across multiple pages which are a variation on the steps for manually saving, the support page Brenty linked to.

    In all my tests I found 1Password would fill the username field when the language was set to German. I realise it may seem repetitive but can you try saving an entirely new Login item using the steps I've linked to. I can't think of any factor that would explain why we're seeing different behaviour so I would hope a new Login item would behave for you as it does for me.

This discussion has been closed.