reverted to old vault when I upgraded to 1password 7 on Mac

DCan
DCan
Community Member

Hi,
I have a families subscription (many years using 1password) and installed 1ppasswrod 7 on new macbook air the following is my issue:

i installed 1password on my new macbook air, downloaded from your website, installed, followed instructions and once it was ready it was a vault from 2 years ago that was in my vault.
Same vault on Iphone and Ipad are syncing perfectly and upto date but not on my macbook?
i deleted the vault on macbook, deleted the app and re-installed but still didnt sync with ipad or iphone vault, now its empty and i dont know how to get the 3 playing "nicely" i never had any issues with my old macbook pro.....
Can someone please help?
Thanks in advanse
Denis

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @DCan! I'm sorry for the trouble. When you're installing 1Password onto a new device, you need to pay close attention to what vault you're syncing with. If your other devices contain your complete and up-to-date 1Password information, then you've chosen a different vault to sync with on this newer MacBook Air. You listed your sync type as iCloud, so I'd start with our troubleshooting guide for iCloud sync. Make sure you're using the same Apple ID on all three devices, and follow the rest of the steps in that guide. Let us know how you get on! :)

• DCan
    DCan
    Community Member

Lars thanks for the info, i have managed to sync with icloud and it seems to be working now (read another post on the forum and managed to get the sync option on macbook)
    thank you for the quick reply, much appreciated.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@DCan - you're quite welcome; glad you were able to get things sorted out. :)

This discussion has been closed.