Chrome Extension and Windows

Options

I am a new user here - so be easy! I am trying to see if 1password will work for me (Windows/MacOS/iOS). For my work laptop, do I need to install 1password for Windows and the Chrome extension? I only need to use Chrome so why do I have to install the windows client?

For my home windows desktop and macbook, I am going to install the client and chrome extensions. Just trying to understand how it works.

Also - in a different thread I saw that 1password 4 for windows is in beta? I am using 1.0.9.340 is that 1password 3?
thanks...

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2014
    Options

Welcome, @FeeLunch, and thanks for your interest in 1Password!

The browser extension needs something to extend, and that something is 1Password, which is why it has to be installed (just as 1Password for Mac has to be installed on your MacBook in order to use the browser extensions on that machine.)

The current released version of 1Password for Windows is 1.0.9.340; technically, it's 1Password 1 for Windows, but you'll occasionally see it referred to as 1Password 3 for Windows for a couple of reasons:

• It's the version before 1Password 4.

• It uses browser extensions with 3.x version numbers.

I hope that helps clear things up a bit. Let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.