2 Licenses on Mac and Win - Same shared Data

Options

Hello agilebits-Support,

I did not find an answer over google or your docs, so I hope you can help me out. I sent an email already, so I am sorry now for the double post kind of, I realized you prefer the forum.

It's a multiple license question:

I'm a developer and my company bought 1password for mac for me and I fallen in love with it, so I want to use 1PW on my private windows PC too. But if I leave the company I want to keep my windows license of course, so I want to buy it private. So 2 different billing adresses, but I want the same login data synced, because a lot services are business and private (wunderlist, trello, facebook, feedly)

Whats the best license to buy for this? Just the windows license? Or is there an upgrade?
Is it possible to sync those accounts or do they need to be the same license to get sync?

Quick Overview again: 1 Mac - Company (already Licensed) <> 1 Windows - private - (to be bought) = sync

Kind regards

Björn

Comments

• bdamn
    bdamn
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Since I am not able to delete this topic, I share the customer support answer with you here

_Thanks for taking the time to write to us. I'm Ben, and I'd be happy to help you.

Licensing is independent of syncing, so no worries there. You can use separate licenses and still sync. You can add a Windows license to your existing Mac license here: https://agilebits.com/store/upgrade_

Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bdamn, it sounds like you do not have a 1Password for Mac license, yourself, so you won't be able to use the upgrade option to purchase the 1Password for Windows license.

You will, however, definitely be able to sync your 1Password for Mac data at the office with 1Password for Windows at home, assuming you have access to the same Dropbox-shared .agilekeychain folder.

Please see the user's guide for details on Dropbox sync'ing.

Thanks for your interest in 1Password for Windows!

This discussion has been closed.