1PW 3 Desktop Backup - Dropbox

I'm wondering if there's a way (unless recommended to the contrary) to set 1PW Desktop for an automatic, db backup to one's Dropbox folder.

I don't see any way within 1PW Preferences to set this path. (I see the path given in the prefs, and when a manual Backup is initiated, the 1PW db is backed-up into a Backup folder on my local hard drive.) ...I guess I could do a drag & drop copy to save a Backup to Dropbox, but don't know if doing so would cause any corruption since the 1PW app didn't carry it out.

So, the objective would be to have one's active 1PW db file and a backup, db located within one's Dropbox.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    pbGuy wrote:

I'm wondering if there's a way (unless recommended to the contrary) to set 1PW Desktop for an automatic, db backup to one's Dropbox folder.

I don't see any way within 1PW Preferences to set this path. (I see the path given in the prefs, and when a manual Backup is initiated, the 1PW db is backed-up into a Backup folder on my local hard drive.) ...I guess I could do a drag & drop copy to save a Backup to Dropbox, but don't know if doing so would cause any corruption since the 1PW app didn't carry it out.

So, the objective would be to have one's active 1PW db file and a backup, db located within one's Dropbox.

Ill warn that backups can grow very big and consume a lot of space if you choose to go this route. So maybe limit it to the last 10 backups etc. If you open 1P pref and click on backups then click the file path this will open a finder window were you can specify the location of your backups after doing so once you are returned to the 1P pref make sure the path listed is correct.

If you choose to move the files manually that has never caused any ill effects on my system.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Dropbox has its own versioning system (which is a form of backup in its own right), so local backups via 1Passwords built-in system are recommended.
This discussion has been closed.