How does the family license (windows, or windows plus mac) work

Options

Hi there - not a lot of details on how the family license works other than the number of users. I'm interested in functionality - specifically I'd like to have a set up where I could have 1pass for myself, and for my wife, with shared passwords for a set of these for myself and my wife, and then a separate set where I could hold business related passwords which are not shared. Thoughts appreciated as I get through the trial period here! THanks, Mark

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The license type doesn't affect the functionality. :)

You can create and share as many separate vaults as you like.

On the Mac, you'll have one "primary" vault and (optionally) one or more "secondary" vaults. You'll want to make sure each of them is set up to sync using Dropbox. (Of course, this requires that you have Dropbox installed on your Macs.)

Once you do that, and you have Dropbox installed on your PCs, as well, each of those sync'ed vaults will appear as a separate .agilekeychain folder in your local Dropbox folder hierarchy. Select the one you want, and enter it's separate master password to open it.

Note: 1Password 4 for Windows, currently in beta development, includes better integrated support for multiple vaults. I strongly suggest you join the thousands of people already working with 1Password 4 for Windows by signing up for the beta program here: https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/winnewsletter.html

• msplb74
    msplb74
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks - given most of our use is driven by windows (we are retiring our mac) - I'll follow the beta link.

cheers

Mark

• msplb74
    msplb74
    Community Member
    Options

David - do I need to have signed up for a license first? thx

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Nope. There's no license required for the beta builds. Once it's released, though, you'll need to purchase a license to continue using it beyond the standard 30-day trial period.

Of course, purchasing the license today would entitle you to a free upgrade to 1Password 4 when it's released.

• msplb74
    msplb74
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks - if the upgrade is definite I'll purchase. Thanks.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It's definite. :)

This discussion has been closed.