1P vault not updating

Options

Looking at the data folder in 1P, the last file modified was on the 6th. On the 7th and 8th I added 2 new logons. While the logons show up in the 1P client, they are not in the 1P data folder - I would expect the file to show the 8th. I also know this because when I open the vault with the 1P beta the logons do not appear. Is this even possible? Does the 1P client have a temporary file that it uses?

Thanks

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Zonker, I don't know the technical details, but I've noticed that the folders within the .agilekeychain hierarchy do not always get marked with new change dates.

If I understand correctly, though, all your Login items appear in version 1 of the main 1Password program, but two of them do not appear in the version 4 beta builds.

Is that correct?

If so, what is the full path and filename shown on the General tab of 1Password preferences in versions 1 and 4-beta?

• Zonker
    Zonker
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

Yes the password appear in 1P v1 but do not appear in 1P v4

In 1P v1 : C:\Users\aaron_000\SkyDrive\Documents\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain

In 1P v4: C:\Users\aaron_000\SkyDrive\Documents\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain

This has been working fine up until the May 7th entry. Stopped after that date. I tried the repair option, but it did not identify a problem with the file.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I don't use OneDrive, but I assume you can view the contents of the 1Password.agilekeychain folder on SkyDrive itself. Is that correct?

If you can, please use your web browser to visit your onedrive.live.com storage space, and open Documents\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain\1Password.html with your master password.

Do you see the two missing Login items there?

• Zonker
    Zonker
    Community Member
    Options

I see the problem.. When Windows updated the OS to Windows 8.1 Update 1 it renamed Skydrive to Onedrive. Unfortunately 1P did not get the messgae and it still has a folder called skydrive.. Doh! I opened the Onedrive location and recovred and replaced the file from backup and all is well now.

Thanks,

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Super! That’s great news, @Zonker—thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.