Using the family license

Options

OK, so I tried the free trial and I ended up jumping on board with the family license, but I am a bit confused as to how I go about implementing it.

I launched the program on my laptop and inputed the license key: that part was obivous enough, but I am uncertain as to how to proceed next. Here is our scenario:

We run a company with 9 employees who need to have access to certain websites in order to do their job (shipping partners, distributors, etc. etc.). The trial version of 1 password showed me how easy that was to do: we now have 2 desktops, 2 laptops (managers) and 1 Surface Pro II all synched and all capable of remembering all our necessary passwords.

Now for the tricky part:

We need 2 more user accounts, one for the managers and one for me, the president of the company. Basically, the managers will need access to certain sites (payment processors, internal communications, etc. etc.) that I don't want my lower level employees getting their hands on. I also have some sites that only I should be able to get into, so it feels like I need my own personal 1 password account.

I assumed that the way to go about this is to purchase the family license bundle but, since I only see 1 license for all of us, could someone point me in the right direction to help me get this working the way I want it to?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Sorry, @CaesarCovi‌, but the family license is for family.

Here's a quote from our web site:

Note that Family licenses are valid for up to five family members living in the same household. If you have additional questions about licensing, please contact us.

I'm certain we can make provisions for group licenses, but I don't know the details. Please use that contact us link to speak with someone who's authorized to help.

Thanks so much for your interest in 1Password!

• CaesarCovi
    CaesarCovi
    Community Member
    Options

Well, sorry to hear that @DBrown‌ - how do I go about getting a refund, then?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

A message to that contact us link will start the conversation about converting a family license to a business license.

Thank you so much for your interest in 1Password, @CaesarCovi‌!

This discussion has been closed.