Separate Area for Each Family Member?

Options
mikes
mikes
Community Member

Don't want the kids having access to all my passwords, so does the family account have this facility?

Thanks

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

I'm afraid the family license does not have this facility. My advice is: don't give the kids your master password.

• mikes
    mikes
    Community Member
    Options

That really limits the usefulness of this program. Is there a way of setting separate areas for my partner and I, even if they are accessible to both so that we don't confuse our separate accounts at the same website?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

@mikes You can create multiple Vaults. You and your partner can share a "master" Vault and your kids do not have the master password to this. Then you can have another Vault that is available to everyone.

• mikes
    mikes
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, thats really helpful, I will take note of that.

• mikes
    mikes
    Community Member
    Options

I have found the tutorial on multiple vaults, however it seems not to apply to the trial windows version that I have (it looks like Apple version) and the Windows guide does not mention it - can you please point me in the right direction.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mikes The current version supports multiple vaults, but it is really much nicer in version 4. Can I invite you into the 1Password version 4 for Windows beta?

https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/winnewsletter.html

• mikes
    mikes
    Community Member
    Options

Thank You, I have signed up. I look forward to being impressed enough to purchase.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

@mikes In version 4, you can create as many new Vaults as you like, put them in your Dropbox, and then optionally share those Vaults (aka agilekeychain folders) in your Dropbox with others.

• mikes
    mikes
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I am now on my iPad, I downloaded version 4, rebooted, everything ok, fired up 1password, fine, downloaded and installed app on Firefox, and from that moment I cannot access the net on any of my browsers, what should I do?

• mikes
    mikes
    Community Member
    Options

Something went wrong with Firefox after installed the app. It wouldn't shut down, even via the task manager. I have rebooted and everything seems ok.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That’s great news, @mikes—thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.