Sync Issues with iPhone/iPad

Options
buggypac
buggypac
Community Member
edited May 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have a windows 7 PC, and I am syncing my 1Password data through Dropbox, but nothing is syncing correctly to my iPhone/iPad (which also have 1password/Dropbox app installed). This must be a more recent issue, because I have some of my logins, but if I were to create another account it wouldn't show up in my IOS devices.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

I'm sorry you're having that problem, @buggypac‌! Three questions to get us started:

What's the full path and name shown on the General tab of 1Password preferences?

If you view the 1Password.agilekeychain/1Password.html file on your private Dropbox web site (unlock it with your master password), do you see the Logins and other items that you see in the main 1Password program on your PC?

Are you sync'ing through Dropbox to 1Password on any other devices besides the iPhone and iPad?

With a bit more information, I hope we can figure out what's going on and get things working for you!

• buggypac
    buggypac
    Community Member
    Options

The path is: E:\Dropbox\1Password\1PasswordData_gjl.agilekeychain

If I view the html file I can see all of my accounts (everything).

I am not syncing through dropbox to 1password on any other devices.

Thanks for the help!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Please try this:

1. In 1Password for Windows, please make a backup of your current data (just in case).

2. In 1Password for iOS, please cancel Dropbox sync'ing, and then re-enable it, making sure that you're choosing that same 1PasswordData_gil.agilekeychain folder if/when given the option.

Please let us know how it turns out, @buggypac. Thanks!

• buggypac
    buggypac
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply!

I made a backup of my 1Password data for windows.

I disabled my iOS 1password syncing, and re-enabled it and it found my dropbox account. It says 'Choose A Vault' and it's linking to "Apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain", which isn't the same location as the aforementioned file path.. So that might be the problem.. Although I can't seem to find a way for my iOS device to 'find' the correct path, it only gives me 1 option to choose from.

• buggypac
    buggypac
    Community Member
    Options

Another update: The "1password.html" in THAT directory (Apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain) HAS the limited amount of accounts... So there's the problem.

I guess I just need a way for my iOS device to connect to the proper 'vault' (which is located E:\Dropbox\1Password\1PasswordData_gjl.agilekeychain)

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@buggypac You might want to rename your vault to 1Password.agilekeycain. This might not solve your problem, but I do know 1Password has a preference for this name.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We also have a work request filed with the 1Password for iOS team to make sure 1Password on all platforms has the same default location for the .agilekeychain folder (a.k.a. sync point).

• buggypac
    buggypac
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah renaming the file does make the iOS download the proper accounts, but it also makes me unable to go into my windows 1Password app. It says "1Password has encountered a problem. [FILEPATH] does not exist.

I suppose a solution could be manually copying the windows 1password data over, and renaming it into a different folder or something but that defeats the whole purpose of automatically syncing it. I suppose we'll have to wait for the iOS team to properly hook up the default location as @DBrown mentioned... It just makes me wonder how other people are syncing between Windows and IOS devices - I can't be the only one with this problem.

• buggypac
    buggypac
    Community Member
    Options

Ok I fixed it.

What I did was export all of my login info from my current dropbox, than delete the whole data file. I made a new 1password data file, and reimported all of the login information (this renames the data file to be correct: "1Password.agilekeychain". Then, my IOS can properly find this one and all is merry.

It'd be handy if you could just rename the file from within the 1Password APP for Windows.

Thanks for the help guys!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm happy to hear you got it resolved, @buggypac. Thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.