Can't get 1Password to import from Dropbox

Options

I have been working on this problem for 2 plus hours. On my main computer I updated my login and moved them to DropBox. On my secondary computer I opened 1Password, tried import but I can't access dropbox. The dropbox folder is empty but when I access it directly my updated folder is there. I even tried putting the folder on the desktop and dragging it to 1Password but than doesn't seem to work. I'm trying to add a site that I deleted a weak password and then made a complex one I don't remember. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Comments

• pekellyco
    pekellyco
    Community Member
    Options

I finally got it to work. I made a backup, moved it to drop box and was able to import that to 1Password on the second computer. The new website was there and the password worked.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

@pekellyco‌, if your .agilekeychain folder isn't under Dropbox control with the exact same name on all computers, then they are not sync'ing. Copying backup files through Drobox may be convenient, but your data folders will not be connected, which means that Logins and other items you add, change, and delete on one computer will not be automatically mirrored on the other computers.

If you need help getting Dropbox sync'ing working properly, please drop us a line at support+windows@agilebits.com.

We want to help!

This discussion has been closed.