"Accounts" items randomly being moved to "Logins"

Options

I was beginning to panic because items were disappearing from my "Accounts" section (generic accounts and databases) and I couldn't remember what used to be there, but I knew the number was decreasing. It went from 19 down to 12 then 8 and now 3. I finally had something disappear that I use regularly and so was able to identify it. I searched for it and discovered that it hadn't disappeared but had gotten moved to "Logins". I did some backups/restores to identify what else used to be in "Accounts" and sure enough, they are all there, but are now in "Logins". I sync between several devices (3 Windows PCs, a MacBook, 2 iPhone 5's, an original iPad, and an iPad 3). Any ideas why items would get moved around?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I do, @Kknight78‌: 1Password for Mac (and possibly for iOS) organize items slightly differently that 1Password for Windows still does.

1Password 4 for Windows, currently in beta development, will soon move to the same organization.

Sorry for causing any panic! :(

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

1Password 4 for Mac and iOS are doing this. They are converting some items (previously in Wallet and Accounts) into Login items.

• Kknight78
    Kknight78
    Community Member
    Options

No problem, thanks to both of you for the explanation. The panic subsided significantly once I found the "missing" items. Thanks for all your hard work and I'm looking forward to seeing version 4 for Windows.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to help!

If you're interested, you can join the thousands of people already working with 1Password 4 for Windows by signing up for the beta program here: https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/winnewsletter.html

This discussion has been closed.