Item counts aren't automatically updated if you delete items in smart folders. [Investigating]

Options
drinkn1
drinkn1
Community Member
edited June 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I just created a new login using the Chrome Extension. If I have the Desktop version open, it appears in the unassigned folder, but does not show up in my Logins area. I have to close the Windows App and re-open, and then the new site is in the Login group as it should be. Having a simple refresh would be very helpful.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @drinkn1‌,

It is supposed to refresh automatically as soon as there are data changes, there isn't any need to have a button to do this manually.

Does it happen consistently each time you create a new Login from Chrome? I just tried this and 1Password did refresh Logins to include the new Login item from Chrome extension.

Try opening the main 1Password app, go to the File Menu > Repair 1Password Data, and see if 1Password will then work better.

• drinkn1
    drinkn1
    Community Member
    Options

I did the repair, and then repeated my tests. Please see the attached document. All screen shots were taken while the "all" folder was highlighted, so you could see the various logins and counts. It seems that the "Login" count does not update unless it is selected and then unselected... I can repeat this issue every time.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @drinkn1,

It seems there are two separate issues we're talking about. In your screenshots, I do see the new Login item inside Logins, which mean it did add it and refresh the list.

The issue you're talking about seems to be related with the item counts itself. We are seeing reports of item counts not being updated, so that's something we'll looking into fixing as soon as possible.

• MikeT
    Options

@Drinkn1,

This is strange, I'm not able to reproduce it with 1Password 1.0.9.341. It did update the item counts as soon as I save an item from the site using Chrome.

We've seen weird glitches like this in the past being resolved by simply restarting the PC. Can you try that and see if it'll work?

• drinkn1
    drinkn1
    Community Member
    Options

I am using the same version of the desktop. I rebooted. Attached is a video of the issue. Notice how I start in the "All" folder. I then delete the login, and the logins count does not update until i click and then click elsewhere. I then go in and create the login, and it does not update the count. Now, if select Logins and then I leave the "Logins" selected on the windows app, then the count automatically updates. It appears to only been when you perform actions from the "All" folder. I had to upload the screen recording as a zip file, as the wmv file is not an acceptable upload extension.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @drinkn1,

I can reproduce it, it can be any smart folders, not just All. I'll file a bug report to see if we can fix this. It is also affecting 1Password 4 beta for Windows, so it is likely to be fixed soon.

I also removed your video as it contained your email address in public along with how many characters you entered for the password.

• drinkn1
    drinkn1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for editing the post. I appreciate it. Doing the video was the best way I could think of to demonstrate the issue. Of course...that means I get free versions now, right? :)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @drinkn1,

You're welcome!

We do appreciate you taking the time to record the video. :P

I'll PM you about the other stuff.

This discussion has been closed.