1Password 4 - Firefox extension

Options

Hi,

I used the FF extension before updating to 1P4 and would now still like to use it.
It seems that after the update (1P and FF extension) the helper service does not start automatically. I always have to click on the the extension symbol (key) waiting for the errormsg and click again for getting the extension to run. It would be nice if someone would help me out.

Thanks!

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The helper should start every time you start Windows. You can also restart it from the Help menu in 1Password.

Are you using the 4.x extension for Firefox? You can confirm that on the Add-ons page in Firefox.

You might also find useful information in the Troubleshooting the browser extensions topic in our knowledgebase.

• Christian Böcklein
    Christian Böcklein
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

yes I'm using the 4.x extension. I know that it is possible to restart it, but I don't always want to do this. Unfortunatelly did the troubleshooting page not help, the helper is not coming up after starting windows :(

• Aknat
    Aknat
    Community Member
    Options

I have the exact same issue as Christian described it. The 1Password 4 helper doesn't start with windows and I have to manually start it every time I want to use the Firefox extensions.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Christian and @Aknat‌: The only thing I can think of that might be blocking the helper from starting automatically is some kind of antivirus or antimalware program flagging it as "suspect".

I'll ask each of you to generate a diagnostic report (from the Help menu in 1Password) and attach it to an e-mail message sent to support+windows@agilebits.com, and be sure to include links to this forum thread.

That should help us figure out what's going on and get things working for you.

Thanks!

• Christian Böcklein
    Christian Böcklein
    Community Member
    Options

Just sent it to you guys.

Hope it helps! Thank you!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi Christian,

We've received your Diagnostic Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some details. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

This discussion has been closed.